2 / 49
Free software is a matter of the users' freedom to run, copy, distribute, study, change and improve the software.
- Freedom to run the program, for any purpose.
- Freedom to study how the program works, and adapt it to one's needs.
- Freedom to redistribute copies to help one's neighbour.
- Freedom to improve the program, and release the improvements to the public, so that the whole community benefits.
Free software is not a matter of price (it is, but that's secondary).
- The Free Software Definition - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html