The Future of Ideas
"Free Culture" is the title of an enlightening conference by Lawrence Lessig, a lawyer. It's refrain is:
- Creativity and innovation always builds on the past.
- The past always tries to control the creativity that builds upon it.
- Free societies enable the future by limiting this power of the past.
- Ours is less and less a free society.
The same lawyer about the Internet:
When the content layer, the logical layer, and the physical layer
are all effectively owned by a handful of companies, free of any
requirements of neutrality or openness, what will you ask
then? ╗ Lawrence Lessig
- Lawrence Lessig, Free culture (talk) -
Free Culture, Lawrence Lessig Keynote from OSCON 2002 - http://www.oreillynet.com/lpt/a/2641
- Lawrence Lessig, Free culture (book) - http://free-culture.org/freecontent/
- Lawrence Lessig, The Future of Ideas (free book) - http://the-future-of-ideas.com/
- Internet is dying - Prof. Lessig - http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/6/30733.html