2 / 30
- "Low-level" assembly languages,
- "High-level" languages, roughly:
- Compiled languages are translated into machine code through compilation. Excellent performance. C, C++, Fortran.
- Pseudo code languages use both compilation and interpretation. Python, Perl, Java.
- Interpreted languages depend on an interpreter program that translate them on the fly. The source has to be re-interpreted each time the code is executed.
- How do computer languages work? The Unix and Internet Fundamentals HOWTO. Eric Raymond - http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Unix-and-Internet-Fundamentals-HOWTO/languages.html
- Programming Languages - http://cliki.tunes.org/Programming Languages
- Programming Language - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_language
- Categorical list of programming languages - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categorical_list_of_programming_languages
- Low-level programming language - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low-level_programming_language