89 / 102
Job Control Commands
Job control means switching between several jobs or processes.
A foreground job occupies the terminal which initialized it. It can be put in the background, so that the terminal can accept new commands.
commandin the background.
- Ctrl + C
- Terminate a process running in the foreground.
- Ctrl + Z
- Suspend a process running in the foreground.
- Reactivate a suspended program in the background.
- Place a job in the foreground, and make it the current job.
- Lists processes in the background. Each one has a number
nand can be referred to by